We offer the Project Management Fundamental training on weekdays and weekends in 2 hrs, 4hrs and 8 hrs per day format. Each instructor led training boot camp provides 24 contact hours towards the certification requirements. We structure our training for busy professionals, optimizing time spent in the class and minimizing time away from work. At the same time, we give personalized attention to individual information needs. Our courses are delivered over the Internet, reducing the costs of travel and lodging to attend the training.
This course begins by answering the question “What is project management?” and goes on to outline the roles and value of project management in today’s business world. Topics such as project scope, budget, schedule, communications, and risk are covered, with a specific focus on leadership, communication, and best practices in project management.
Project Management Fundamentals teaches the art and science of delivering successful projects. Participants will learn how to apply the processes, techniques and tools for organizing, planning, monitor and control, deliver, and close a project successfully. The course provides 21 professional development units, or contact hours.
Course Benefits and Objectives
- Understand the history, roles, and importance of project management
- Understand the value of project management in building your business
- Understand what it takes to lead a team, the essence of project management
- Learn How to Plan, organize, execute, and control a project
- Learn How to Apply knowledge, skills, tools, techniques, and resources to project activities to meet project requirements
- Learn How to Effectively and accurately communicate with project stakeholders
- Learn How to Lead and manage teams to keep them motivated and focused on project goals
- Learn How to Define scope, budget, risk, and communication
Each student will receive a student kit containing:
- Alpha Project Managers: What the Top 2% Know that Everyone Else Does Not, by Andy Crowe
- A coil-bound spiral hard copy of the presentation slides
- 3 months access to InSite’s Lessons from Top PMs, a 5 PDU course.